Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Summer DIY Smash Book!

On the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog there is a summer challenge to create a "Smash" book with your existing supplies modeled after the new Smash Books by K and Company.  The blog is here if you want to go check it out.

Here are the supplies from my stash that I gathered to do this three month project.

 I went for my 7 Gypsies stash first.  I had this wonderful journaling page set that Jackie gave me and I had not found the perfect project,until now.  I gathered up a bunch of stickers for journaling spots...
 Then I raided some other things, some more stickers, journaling spots, and some post-it type notes I had from past stuff.
More stickers to add to the mix.

This is what I came up with...
 I covered chipboard with a grocery sack, kind of reminiscent of the book covers we did in High School.  I figured I can doodle on it if I want.  I added some blink and a wooden butterfly.
 Some of my pages so far.  My theme is pretty much whatever I want.  I raided some stuff I had saved in my "pile".  I went through a folder of pictures.  I am putting random stuff that makes me happy.
 More stuff...I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF MY HUSBAND AND MY GRANDSON!
 More of Cooper.  I was practicing making a new flower, I smashed it in.  At our weekly inservice at work, our reflection was the quote from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure."  That had to be added.  I smashed in receipts from my weekend shopping.  It looks like a lot, but I saved money by spending money!!!
This is a card my husband gave me just recently for "Wifey Appreciation Day".  I love that he makes up reasons to do this!!!
 Some of my favorite pics of me and my husband...I put them on an envelope, there are love notes he has written me inside.
This is an 8x8 plastic paper organizer with a zipper pocket that I picked up at a dollar store a long time ago. I punched holes and it now houses my stuff to add to my book.

What do you think???

Stay Crafty

7 comments:

  1. What a great job! Isn't it terrific that we don't have to buy new stuff to do new projects!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love how it all came together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I totally LOVE your book!!!! Love the fun things that you smashed inside. I am doing my book in a very similar and random way. I'll put in anything that makes me happy! Love how you covered your book and all the fun supplies that you have pulled for your book! This challenge is so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your book. I particularly loved the Wifey Appreciation card. Looks great! As soon as I am done with this silly cold I hope to start my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty amazing. I was going to buy a smash book for my travels this summer but now I am reconsidering?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the little pocket of things you might use...I might need to lift that idea! :-) this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am leaving for a trip to ky on Wednesday and knew I wanted to work on my smashbook but being In a car for 10 hours each way I didn't know what to bring! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete